Friday, November 28, 2014

Chinese Brush Painting

Chinese Brush Painting
>>>------------------------------------>
Traditional painting involves essentially the same techniques as calligraphy and is done with a brush dipping in black or colored ink; oils are not used. Typical motifs in Chinese brush painting include flowers, birds, animals and landscapes. But even more important than the visual image is the message behind the painting: it expresses the inner spirit of the subject or the feelings of the artist.
 
 
In this project we were able to practice and execute three of the various strokes used when creating these works of art.
We were given kits with different brushes made with goat hair and a ink grinding rock & stick.
It was so much fun making our own ink,
I felt like the real deal...
until I went home & my roommate from China showed me how it really done.
 
Through this project I learned
different painting techniques that the Chinese have mastered and a little taste of the Chinese culture.
I learned that the strokes may seem simple but they take a while to get the hang of.
I also learned patience.
 
I did what I did
because I loved the simplicity of the bamboo.
I also like the rule of thirds.
it was visually appealing & again I loved the simplicity,
I thought it looked more elegant.
 
This project is a great way for...
> Students to explore the Chinese culture <
> Students experience different painting techniques <
> Students become familiar with different art styles <
 
For an amazing tutorial
click HERE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment