Monday, December 8, 2014

Coil/Pinch Pot

Maria Martinez
>>>-------------------------->
Maria took herself and San Ildefonso to world-wide recognition with her pottery work.
 
 
This is what I created.
Now,
I did not like this project.
I have never been good with clay...
&
This project brought back repressed memories.
I won't go into detail.
 
Through this project I learned...
different techniques of how to create a pot,
 Whether it is pinching the sides or swirling a "snake" to create a pot,
every single pot looked different & unique.
I learned that it is fun to work with different mediums.
We had mostly been working with paper, pen & paint type materials,
so,
this was a nice change.
I can only imagine what children do when they get their hands on this stuff!
It is probably the coolest thing for them.

I did what I did...
because I had no clue what to do.
my creativity literally went out the window.
I started making a round pot,
but then the side fell in making it look like an ugly heart.
Then someone pointed out that it looked like a paw print...
I pretended like that was what I was going for.
Thus it was created.
When it came to the painting...
yeah..
I'm not sure.
But I like sunsets and it has a tree in it.
Nature.

This project is a great way for...
> Students to explore with different mediums <
> Students to really get "Hands On" <
> Students to spend a lot of time on something (2 Days) <
> Students will learn the elements of 3-Dimensional objects <

For a Tutorial
Click Right Here


No comments:

Post a Comment