Monday, December 8, 2014

Batik

Batik
>>>---------------->
a method (originally used in Java) of producing colored designs on textiles by dyeing them, having first applied wax to the parts to be left un-dyed.



I found this project extremely fascinating.
I loved the idea.
I did have a hard time trying to decide my design,
because there were so many floating through my head.
Regardless,
I liked how mine turned out
& the overall simplicity of it.

Through this project I learned...
That working with fabric is fun.
I wasn't sure how much I would like it because I thought that the paint would bleed through the designs we painted on first.
But.
To my surprise it worked out a lot better than I had anticipated.
This is a great discovery project for children & it was very entertaining.
This project was one of my favorites.
I liked how everyone's turned out.

I did what I did..
Well,
I wanted to do so much with this project but I could only pick one design.
my sketch book was full of ideas & like I said earlier,
it was hard to pick just one.
I ended up choosing the pattern that I did because of its simplicity.
I noticed that all of my designs were a little too complex.
As I walked around the classroom the get some ideas,
a lot of people were going crazy with designs & detail.
I wanted to be a little different.
So I simplified one of my first designs & went for it.

I'm glad I chose to simplify it.
some of the others had a lot of white space and it made the color pop more than the white.
& I wanted the white to pop more than the color.
& in my opinion I did that.

This project is a great way for...
> Students to learn to use white space and color effectively <
> Students explore their creativity in designing <
> Students work in a step by step process <
 
For some further instruction

No comments:

Post a Comment