Friday, November 28, 2014

Georgia O'Keeffe Flower

Georgia O'Keeffe
>>>------------------------------->
Artist and painter Georgia O'Keeffe was born on November 15, 1887, in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Known for her striking flower paintings and other captivating works.
 
 
For this assignment we were asked to research Georgia O'Keeffe
& create an artwork based on the work she did.
 
We were given a vase of flowers.
made a view finder out of an index card.
& looked at the flower through a different perspective.
 
I was not there when instructions were given
so...
I found a flower outside & painted my favorite part.
the whole thing.
 
Through this project I learned
there are different ways of looking at an everyday object.
some focused on the petals,
some on the stem,
some did what I did & painted the majority of the flower.
the detail in all of them were all incredible.
& it was very interesting to see what part of the flower people tended to focus on.
 
I did what I did
because I liked the whole flower that I chose.
it was unlike all the other flowers in the vase,
that was because it was dying,
hence the off-colored parts of the petals.
it made it unique compared to the others & I really liked it that way.
 
This project is a great way for...
> Students to practice perspective <
> Students to focus on detail <
> Students also work with water color techniques <
 
For some Step-by-Step Instructions


No comments:

Post a Comment